12 June 2012

Dream

120612.0622

I saw mum. She was lying in the hospital bed. She had such difficulty breathing. She looked at me, her gaze was confused and she seemed lost. I held onto her hand.

"Let's go home, mama... Let's leave the hospital..." I said. I was calm, so surprisingly calm and collected. (would I really be like this when that moment comes...?)

I woke up. It was only six in the morning. It was the third time I woke up in the night, every time due to some dream the details of which I cannot remember. But they all had mum in them. They all took place at the hospital.

Mum is holding on. She wants to see me, she wants me to be there. Perhaps she is holding on long enough for me to arrive., so that I am spared the pain of watching her suffer and watching her deteriorate even further...

I am almost home, mum... Sorry I kept you waiting for so long... I am almost home. Please hang on there...

No comments: